Sunday, March 18, 2012

To mentor, an act of worship

I don't have anything eloquent to say about the past 5 days. I'm tired emotionally, spiritually, physically. I'll blog one day about the past 5 days but today, in reflecting on my weekend, I wanted to share and reflect what it means to me to be a mentor to me as partially inspired by Romans 12.

It means walking through the good and bad. It means entering their lives, entering the pain, entering the confusion and loving them right through it. It means remaining a faithful presence. It means rejoicing when they rejoice and weeping when they weep. It means loving until it hurts for the sake of the gospel. It means being patient in tribulation, it means rejoicing with HOPE and it means being CONSTANT in prayer.. It means having your heart broken but then looking to the Lord for hope. Mentoring is one of the responses of my heart to the Lord. To me it is an offering to God, an act of worship. To love for the sake of the Gospel, I am compelled only by Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment